Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Dudley & Staffordshire
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Gornalwood:
Staffordshire Sheet 67.10 Gornalwood & Himley Coalfield 1901 - published 199; intro by Angus Dunphy. ISBN.978-1-84151-059-0
This detailed map covers the covers Gornalwood, and the area westward to Straits Green (in the centre of the map) and Himley Wood.
Features on the map include St John's church, chapels, Redhall, old coal shafts, Ruiton Farm, Ellowes Hall, brick works, Straits Green, Turner's Hill Wood, Turner's Hill, Wallows Wood, Gordon's Place,
Straits House, Himley Colliery, Higharcal, mineral railway and tramway, Himley Wood etc. On the reverse we include a section of the Revision of 1913, showing the Himley Colliery area at a later date.
The map links up with sheets 67.06 Sedgley West to the north,
67.11 Gornal to the east, 67.14 Shut End to the south.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information, a full catalogue and Prices, see Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for the area, return to the Sandwell or Dudley pages, or West Midlands page.
The Godfrey Edition / firstname.lastname@example.org / 20 January 2018