Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Essex
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Dagenham (N):
Essex (New Series) 79.14 Rush Green 1914 - published 1994; intro by Tony Clifford. ISBN.978-0-85054-669-9
This detailed map covers the northern part of Dagenham, stretching from Frizlands Lane and the east end of Becontree Heath, eastward to the River Rom; and from
Rush Green Road southward to Eastbrookend Farm. The area was entirely rural in 1915 and the only notable features are a few farms, some houses at the end of Becontree (Beacontree)
Heath, Ilford Park cemetery (now Eastbrookend cemetery) and Romford Isolation Hospital. All rather different today!
The map links up with Essex Sheet 79.10 Romford to the north, 79.13 Becontree Heath to the west,
79.15 Hornchurch to the east and 87.02 Dagenham to the south.
Follow this link for a list of our maps for Essex in outer London or here for Essex county.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.
Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / firstname.lastname@example.org / 25 November 2017