Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Essex
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Dagenham:
Essex (New Series) 87.02 Dagenham 1915 - published 1993; intro by Tony Clifford. ISBN.978-0-85054-568-5
This detailed map covers the village of Dagenham, where development was at an early stage. The LTS railway runs west-east across the map, with
Dagenham (later Dagenham East) station, crossed by Romford Road / Bull Street running north-south. Features include St Peter & St Paul's church, Ford's School, Romford UDC sewage farm,
Bretons (at the eastern edge of the map). The beginnings of industry is shown by Sterling Telephone Works on the land of Wantz Farm. The map is very interestingg as showing the area just before
large-scale development. On the back we include a railway timetable for the LTS line in 1929.
The map links up with Essex Sheet 79.14 Rush Green to the north, 87.01 Parsloes to the west.
Follow this link for a list of our maps for Essex in outer London or here for Essex county.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.
Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / firstname.lastname@example.org / 25 November 2017