Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Essex

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Newbury Park:

  • Essex (New Series) 78.12 Newbury Park & Seven Kings 1914 - published 1999; intro by Tony Clifford. ISBN.978-1-84151-113-9

    This detailed map covers a northern area of Ilford, including many of the newly developed streets of Seven Kings south of Meads Lane - Pembroke Road, Chester Road, Blythswood Road etc - and the northern tip of Goodmayes, including a railway permanent way depot. Ley Street and Horns Road runs up the western edge of the map, with a tramway depot near Leystreet Farm; in the NW corner of the map is the community of Newbury Park, with its station, and Ilford Emergency Hospital. The large West Ham Lunatic Asylum is in the NE corner. There is a strong contrast between the long, regimented streets of Seven Kings and the countryside off Aldborough Road.

    The map links up with Essex Sheet 78.08 Aldborough Hatch to the north, 79.09 Chadwell Heath to the east, and 78.16 Goodmayes to the south; and also74.01 Seven Kings 1894.


    Follow this link for a list of our maps for Essex in outer London or here for Essex county.

    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.

    Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / godfreyedition@btinternet.com / 31 August 2011