Here are the details of maps for Hounslow (W):
This map covers the western end of Hounslow, from Upton Road and Cromwell Street westward along the Bath Road and Staines Road, and northward up Workhouse Lane as far as Sutton Farm. Features on the map include St Paul's church, Wellington Road North, Beavers Lane and Beavers Farm, and part of Hounslow Heath. The main feature, however, is Hounslow Barracks, where the engineer Goldsworthy Gurney demonstrated his steam carriage to the Duke of Wellington. Cavalry barracks were established here, midway between London and Windsor, in 1793 and they were expanded in the 1870s. The Hounslow & Metropolitan Railway is shown, terminating at what was then called Hounslow Barracks station; this is now part of the Piccadilly line.
The map links up with Middlesex Sheets 20.02 Heston 1894 to the north, 20.10 Hounslow Heath 1934 to the south, 20.07 Hounslow to the east.
Follow this link for a complete list of our London & Middlesex maps .
Follow this link for a list of our maps for the London Borough of Hounslow, or here for a complete list of our London maps .
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / email@example.com / 20 October 2011