Old Ordnance Survey Maps of County Durham
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Beamish & West Pelton:
Co Durham Sheet 12.07 No Place, Beamish & West Pelton 1895 - published 2005; intro by David Butler. ISBN.978-1-84151-817-6
This very detailed map covers the village of Beamish (though Beamish Hall and the area now covered by the museum are to the north).
It also covers the hamlet known as No Place, Co-operative Villas, and extends east to West Pelton and High Handenhold, which are in the SE corner.
The NER Annfield Plain Branch (now part of the C2C cycle path) runs through the map and Beamish station is near the centre. Other features of a surprisingly busy map include
the Beamish Wagonway, Stanley Wagonway, and Beamish Colliery - East Stanley Pit and Second Pit; also High Urpeth Cottages, Urpeth Burn, Forgebank Plantation, Edenhill Plantation, St Paul's church West Pelton, saw mills,
Beamish Stables, Shepherd & Shepherdess pub. We include directory entries for West Pelton and Beamish (or Pit Hill) on the reverse.
The map links up with Sheet 12.06 Stanley to the west, 12.08 Pelton & Urpeth to the east.
Follow these links for lists of our Co Durham, Gateshead or Sunderland maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for the North East, return to the North East page.
Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / email@example.com / 14 Sept 2016