Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Fife

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Leslie:

  • Fife Sheet 27.03 Leslie 1894 - published 2019; intro by Alan Godfrey. ISBN.978-1-78721-245-9

    This very detailed map is double-sided for maximum coverage. The main map covers the bulk of the town, from Leslie House westward to Prinlaws, including the railway and mills, and with the Newcastle, Tanshall and Macedonia Farms that would later be covered by parts of Glenrothes. The small backing map, an extract from adjacent sheet, 19.15, covers the parish church and The Green.

    Features on the map includes Leslie House and part of its grounds, Fettykil Mill, railway with station and branch to Fettykil Mill, New Town, Old Town, disused Lint Mill and Rothes Mill, Fettykil House, Prinlaws, Prinlaws Mill, Milldeans Mill, East Prinlaws Mill, Prinlaws Bleachfield, Cabbagehall, Prinlaws House, etc. The backing map includes the Parish Church, The Green, Balgeddie, Rothes Lime Works, Ballinbreich Terrace etc. The introduction by Alan Godfrey explores the history of Leslie and the 'company town' of Prinlaws, and also introduces us to the Countess of Rothes, a heroine of the Titanic disaster.

  • Follow this link for a complete list of our Fife maps.
  • You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
  • Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for Scotland, return to the Scotland page.
    The Godfrey Edition / sales@alangodfreymaps.co.uk / 23 June 2019