Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Tyneside

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for St Anthonys & Bill Quay:

  • Tyneside Sheet 19a St Anthonys & Bill Quay 1912 - published 1985; intro by Alan Godfrey. ISBN.978-0-85054-005-5
  • Tyneside Sheet 19a St Anthonys & Bill Quay 1941 - published 2016; intro by Anthea Lang. ISBN.978-1-84784-975-5

    We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years.

    These detailed maps cover the St Anthony's area and part of Walker north of the Tyne, and parts of Felling and Hebburn to the south. Features N of the river include St Anthony's church, Walker Park, Riverside Branch railway and various shipyards and works by the river. S of the Tyne we have Bill Quay, Pelaw MainTyne Copper Works, Deans Primrose Staith, Maloney's Quay, Pelaw Main Staith, LNER South Shields Branch and various works.

    The map links up with Tyneside Sheet 13 Walker & Hebburn to the north, Tyneside Sheet 19 Gateshead East to the south, 20 Monkton to the south and Durham Sheet 7.02 Heworth to the south.

  • Follow this link for a complete list of our North East maps.
  • You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.

    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for the North East, return to the North East page.

    The Godfrey Edition / sales@alangodfreymaps.co.uk / 27 October 2016