Here are the details of maps for Craven Arms:
This detailed map of Craven Arms is double-sided to give maximum coverage. The main map covers the little town of Craven Arms, famous as a major market centre. The town was created by the opening of the Shrewsbury & Hereford Railway, opened as far as Ludlow in 1852, and a station was opened then. It takes its name from the Craven Arms Hotel. It soon became the junction with the Knighton Railway (later the Central Wales line) and terminus for the Much Wenlock and Bishops Castle lines, so became quite a significant junction. Our map shows the station with turntable, sidings, signal posts etc; the auction yards, and the small group of streets. Coverage extends north to Newington, east to Halford, south to Newton and the Stokesay Castle Hotel, west to Albion Terrace and beyond into open country. On the back we include a large section of sheet 70.08 which extends coverage south to the much older Stokesay, with its Castle, St John the Baptist's church, Stokesay Bridge. Extracts from an early directory, listing inhabitants of Stokesay and Craven Arms, are also included.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Shropshire or Telford maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.The Godfrey Edition / email@example.com /18 October 2016