Old Ordnance Survey Maps of County Durham
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Witton Gilbert:
Co Durham Sheet 19.11 Witton Gilbert & Langley Park 1895 - published 2008; intro by Alan Godfrey. ISBN.978-1-84784-176-6
This detailed map is double-sided for maximum coverage. The main map has the village of Witton Gilbert in the NE corner, the centre of Langley Park in the south west corner; it extends south as far as Quebec Street and Cooperative Terrace.
Features include Langley Park Hotel, Wall Nook, Stobbilee, Bleach Green,
Witton Gilbert station, Kaysburn Pumping Station, Kaysburn brickworks, St John's Green, Witton Hall, St Michael's church, Glendinning Arms, Travellers Rest pub etc. On the reverse we include part
of adjacent sheet 19.10 extending coverage westward to include Langley Park Colliery, coke ovens, waggonway to pit and drift, Park House, All Saints church, Quebec Street
The map links up with part of sheet 19.08 Sacriston to the north.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Durham maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.
Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / firstname.lastname@example.org / 14 January 2018