Here are the details of maps for Tintagel or Trevena:
This detailed map covers the village of Tintagel, previously called Trevena. In 1820 the village was described as having houses "laid out in a regular street, but they are in general detached buildings, very mean, and many of them falling into a state of decay". Trevena village was already referred to as 'Tintagel Town' and as a "wild-looking place". Our map covers this village, including the outlying hamlets of Treven and (at foot of map) Trewithen; St Materiana's church is outside the village. Other features include King Arthur's Castle Hotel, Tintagel Head, Dunderhole Point, Higher Penhallic Point, Long Grass Quarry, King Arthur's Castle, and The Island with ruins of St Juletta's chapel. The map is double-sided and on the reverse we include much of adjacent sheet 10.09, which covers the coastal area of Tingael Haven, Barras Nose, Smith's Cliff, Willapark and The Sisters rocks. The connections with King Arthur and King Mark give Tintagel especial appeal, and the history of the place is explored in the introduction by Tom Greeves.