Here are the details of maps for Whitehaven (North):
This detailed map covers the centre of Whitehaven, with coverage extending from Whitehaven Castle northward to Beatty Road and South View Road; and eastward to Low Harras.
Features include town centre with individual buildings neatly delineated; railway with Bransty station, William Pit with railway sidings, Wellington Pit with mineral branch, Howgill Incline, Outer Harbour, Inner Harbour, South and North Harbours, Queen's Dock, North Shore Works, St Nicholas church, tanneries, Castle Park, Crowpark Wood, Harras Park, St James church, Old Mill carpet factory, Market Hall, Harbour Commissioner's Railway incl line through Market Place, etc. On the reverse we include extracts from a 1921 directory.
The map links up with Cumberland sheet 67.06 Whitehaven South to the south.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Cumberland Series maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / email@example.com / 21 July 2010