Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Suffolk
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Bury St Edmunds:
Suffolk 44.07a Bury St Edmunds 1884 - published 2018; intro by Pamela Taylor. ISBN 978-1-78721-179-7
Suffolk 44.07b Bury St Edmunds 1903 - published 1999; intro by Alan Godfrey. ISBN 978-1-84151-073-6
We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years. The 1884 one is fully coloured,
taken from the lovely 1st Edition OS handcoloured edition. The maps provide excellent coverage of the historic town of Bury St Edmunds, extending eastward to Moreton Hall. Coverage
extends from Westgate Street and Hospital Road northward to Northgate Station.
The many features on a busy map include Westgate Brewery, St Edmund's Brewery, malthouses,
Eastgate station, tannery, St James's church (cathedral from 1914), St Mary's church (last resting place of Mary Tudor, Queen of France), ruins of
St Edmund's Abbey, Cornhill, Town Hall, St Peter's church. Much of the medieval street plan is still apparent on the layout of this map.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Suffolk Series maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for East Anglia, return to the East Anglia page.
The Godfrey Edition / email@example.com / 26 September 2018