Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Suffolk
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Bungay:
Suffolk Sheet 8.11 Bungay 1926 - published Nov 2005; intro by Robert Malster. ISBN.978-1-84151-845-9
This detailed map covers the small north Suffolk town of Bungay, while across the River Waveney and into Norfolk we
have Ditchingham. The town centre of Bungay is at the bottom of the map and coverage extends westward to Earsham Dam, northward to
Ditchingham station, Ditchingham Brewery and All Hallows Hospital. Features include Bungay station on the Waveney Valley line,
Ditchingham Dam, malthouses, St Mary's church, Holy Trinity church, castle remains, Staithe Road (near foot of map), Earsham Street, Broad Street,
and the printing works of Richard Clay & Sons. On the reverse we include a directory of Bungay in 1896.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Suffolk Series maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for East Anglia, return to the East Anglia page.
The Godfrey Edition / firstname.lastname@example.org / 24 November 2017