Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Shropshire

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Bridgnorth:

  • Shropshire Sheet 58.12 Bridgnorth 1901 - published 1992; intro by Barrie Trinder. ISBN.978-0-85054-500-5

    This detailed map of the historic town of Bridgnorth is double-sided to give maximum coverage. The main map covers the southern half of the town, with coverage stretching from St Mary's Street southward to Oldbury and Danesford. Features include Listley Street, Castle Hill, the station, Oldbury Terrace, Little Brug, Upper Town, Lower Town, the Hydraulic Lift (or Cliff Railway), malthouse, tannery, Bridge Street, St Mary Magdalene's church; further south is Oldbury, with St Nicholas church and Oldbury House, Panpudding Hill. On the back is a large portion of adjacent sheet 58.08 extending coverage northward, and this includes St Leonard's church, Friars Mill, Tippings Cross Coppice, cemetery, Smithfield, workhouse, infirmary, Cantern Brook Bridge.


    Follow this link for a complete list of our Shropshire or Telford maps.

    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.

    The Godfrey Edition / sales@alangodfreymaps.co.uk /18 October 2016