Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Wiltshire
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
These are our maps for Bradford-on-Avon:
Wiltshire Sheet 32.14a Bradford on Avon 1885 - published 2014; intro by Tony Painter. ISBN.978-1-84784-855-0
Wiltshire Sheet 32.14b Bradford on Avon 1899 - published 1993; intro by Alan Godfrey. ISBN.978-0-85054-549-4
We have published two versions of this map of Bradford-on-Avon, showing how the area changed across the years. The 1885 version is in colour,
taken from the beautiful 1st Edition handcoloured OS map.
Most of the town is covered, with coverage extending from eastward to Woolley Terrace, southward to the Kennet & Avon Canal, northward to Berryfield House.
Features include railway with station, River Avon, canal, Christ Church, Holy Trinity church, Greenland Mills, Middle Mill, Kingston Mills, Woollen Mills, Dye Works, The Priory, The Chantry, New Mills, The Hall, Bearfield area, Lower Bearfield Farm,
Belcombe Place, Barton Farm, Budbury House, Belcombe House, Upper Bearfield etc. On the reverse we include extracts from early directories.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Wiltshire Series or Swindon maps; or here for
all maps in South West England.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Most maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.
The Godfrey Edition / email@example.com / 12 January 2018