Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Tameside MBC

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Stalybridge:

  • Cheshire Sheet 3.10 Stalybridge 1897 - published 1992; intro by Alice Locke. ISBN.978-0-85054-539-5

    This detailed map is split between Lancashire and Cheshire, with the River Tame, the historic county boundary, running through Stalybridge. Coverage stretches from Stamford Park eastward to Copley, and from Darnton Road southward to Gorse Hall. The many features include Stalybridge station, Stamford Park, Mount Pleasant, Clough, Cocker Hill, Riverside Mills, New St George's church, Thompson's Cross House, Tameside Mills, Glent Quarry, Globe Iron Works, Castle Street Mills, Holy Trinity church, Stayley Bridge, Bankwood Mills, Spring Bank, Castle Iron Works, Huddersfield Canal, Castle Hall, Quarry Street Mills, Castle Mill, Bayley Street Mill, other cotton mills, Saunder's Green etc. We include extracts from a contemporary directory on the reverse.

    The map links up with Cheshire sheet 3.09 Dukinfield to the west and with 3.15 Roe Cross to the east.

  • Follow this link for a complete list of our Tameside or Manchester maps.
  • You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
  • Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for the North West, return to the North West page.
    The Godfrey Edition / sales@alangodfreymaps.co.uk / 2 December 2017