Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Berkshire

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Pangbourne:

  • Berkshire Sheet 28.12 Pangbourne & Whitchurch 1910 - published 2002; intro by Jean Debney. ISBN.978-1-84151-405-5

    This detailed map is split between Berkshire and Oxfordshire, with the River Thames forming the boundary. The main part of the map is for Pangbourne, in Berkshire, on the south side of the river. Coverage extends from the village and railway station eastward about a mile to Purley Hall and Mosshall Wood, and southward to Flower's Farm. Features include St James church, River Pang, Reading Road, Horseshoe Road, Home Farm, The Canal, Thames Avenue. The GWR runs west-east through the map and the station is near the western edge. Across the river is a small area of Oxon, covering just the village centre of Whitchurch, including St Mary's church, Thames Bank, Walliscote House. Further east is a parochial oddity, Saltney Mead, "Common to the Parishes of Sulham & Purley". Directories for both villages are on the back.


    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for the Berkshire area, return to the Berkshire page or for some adjacent counties go to the Chilterns page.

    The Godfrey Edition / sales@alangodfreymaps.co.uk / 7 October 2016