Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Nottinghamshire
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Newark:
Notts Sheet 35.03 Newark 1900 - published 1998; intro by Tim Warner. ISBN.978-0-85054-995-9
This very detailed map covers the centre of Newark, and its southern and western outskirts. Coverage stretches from Queen's Road southward to Sconce Hills.
Features include Market Place, St Mary's church, chapels, part of Midland Railway with southern end of station, Castle remains, Flour Mill with railway connection, River Trent, Hospital,
Town Hall, chapels, schools, St Catherine's Well, Farndon Field, malthouse, Trent Bridge, Town Wharf Grammar School, Chantry House, The Friary, Devon Bridge etc. On the reverse we include street directory entries for
Balderton Gate, Carter Gate, Castle Gate, Kirk Gate, Market Place, Middle Gate.
The map links up with Notts sheet 35.04 Newark East to the east.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Nottinghamshire Series maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for the East Midlands, return to the East Midlands page.
The Godfrey Edition / firstname.lastname@example.org / 28 January 2018