Here are the details of maps for Earsdon and Backworth:
This detailed map covers the village of Earsdon and extends west to include the mining village of West Holywell and Backworth Colliery, then south to part of Shire Moor. Features include St Alban's church, Murton Grange, Earsdon Junction, Abbey Shot Factory, Earsdon Colliery (Church Pit), Holywell goods station, Backworth Colliery (Maude Pit). A stretch of the NER Blyth & Tyne line is shown, plus the Backworth Colliery Railway, East Holywell Colliery Railway and Church Pit Branch; also a stretch of the NER Tynemouth line (now part of the Metro). We include 1897 directories for Backworth, Earsdon and Holywell on the reverse.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Northumberland maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for the North East, return to the North East page.The Godfrey Edition / firstname.lastname@example.org / 26 October 2016