Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Lancashire

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Woolton:

  • Lancashire Sheet 114.05 Woolton 1904 - published 1997; intro by Kay Parrott. ISBN.978-0-85054-865-5

    This detailed map covers the village of Woolton, SE of Liverpool, with part of Allerton, Coverage stretches from Allerton Road eastward to Halewood Road, and from Woolton Park southward to Doe Park. The village centre of Woolton is central to the map and features here include St Peter's church, St Mary's RC church, Woolton Quarries, gas works, Woolton Heyes, and houses neatly delineated, including several named villas. Outside the village centre features include Woolton Hall Hydro, Liverpool Convalescent Institution, Woolton Grange, Gateacre Nurseries, Allerton Tower, Allerton Priory, Fletcher's Farm, Allerton (house), etc. On the reverse we include street directory entries for Allerton Road, Woolton High Street, Woolton Street.

    This map links up with sheet 114.01 Gateacre to the north, 113.08 Mossley Hill to the west and 114.06 Halewood to the east.


    Follow this link for a complete list of our Liverpool or Southport & West Lancs maps.

    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for the North West, return to the North West page.

    The Godfrey Edition / godfreyedition@btinternet.com / 5 Feb 2011