Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Clackmannanshire
This page summarises the local government organisation of Clackmannanshire since 1890.
Clackmannanshire was one of Scotland's historic counties in 1890.
In 1890 there was some reorganisation and an enclave of Perthshire which included Alva was transferred to Clackmannanshire.
In 1890 Clackmannanshire had the following burghs: Alloa, Alva, Tillicoultry. Dollar was confirmed as a burgh in 1891.
In 1975 there was major reorganisation as the counties were abolished and replaced by 12 Regions. Clackmannshire was merged with Stirlingshire and with part of Perthshire (including Callander, Doune and Dunblane) and part of
West Lothian (including Bo'ness) to form the new Central Region.
This was a two-tier administration with three Districts: Clackmannan, Falkirk (which included the western part of the former West Lothian), and Stirling.
In 1996 there was further reorganisation as the Regions and Districts were abolished and replaced by 32 unitary councils.
Central Region was abolished and the three Districts became Unitary Councils.
For a list of maps go to the Clackmannanshire page.
For a full list of Scottish maps, return to the Scotland page
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
Minor changes are not listed here, but please advise us of any significant errors or omissions.
Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, DH8 7PW. Tel 01207 583388
The Godfrey Edition / firstname.lastname@example.org / 18 November 2016