Here are the details of maps for Headingley:
We have published three versions of this detailed map, showing how it developed across the years. The 1890 version is in full colour, taken from the beautiful 1st Edition OS handcoloured map.
They cover the Headingley area of north Leeds, famous - of course - for its cricket ground. This is on the map, together with the adjacent football ground. Headingley fills most of the western half of the map, while further east is Woodhouse Ridge with much of Woodhouse Cliff. Coverage stretches from Headingley House and Canterbury Drive eastward to Hartley Avenue and the 'Hawes' group of streets; and from Brudennel Road northward to Shaw Lane and Claremont Road. Features inlcude Headingley Hall, St Michael's church, Moorfield House and numerous other detached villas, Hyde Park Corner, Wesleyan College, Groves Mill printing works, Batty's Wood, Cliff Tannery, Woodhouse Moor, St Mark's church Woodhouse. Headingley Lane, becoming Otley Road, runs through the map, with tramway. We include a selection of street directory entries on the reverse.
The map links up with Sheets 203.09 Meanwood to the north, 202.16 Kirkstall to the west, 203.14 Leeds Harehills to the east, and 218.01 Leeds NW to the south.