Old Ordnance Survey maps of High Wycombe history
Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Buckinghamshire
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for High Wycombe:
Buckinghamshire Sheet 47.01 High Wycombe 1897 - published 1994; intro by Elizabeth Lockwood. ISBN.978-0-85054-699-6
This detailed map covers the centre and west of High Wycombe, here also referred to as Chepping Wycombe. The sheetlines are a little
awkward and the town is in the NE quadrant of the map, with coverage running from the station westward to Green Street and Desborough Street.
Features include All Saints church, High Street, Town Hall, Wycombe Abbey, Barracks, Oxford Street, Frogmoor Gardens, Newland, Castle Hill,
Laura Place. Coverage extends south to Daws Hill, while the SW area of the map is open country around Oakridge Wood. There is a
1903 directory on the reverse.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Buckinghamshire or Milton Keynes maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Most maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for the Buckinghamshire region, return to the Thames & Chilterns page
The Godfrey Edition / email@example.com / 27 January 2018