Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Lancashire
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Maghull (S):
Lancashire Sheet 99.03 Maghull (South) 1906 - published 2003; intro by Roger Hull. ISBN.978-1-84151-538-0
This detailed map covers an area that was then largely rural, including the southern part of Maghull. Part of the village is in
the top right quarter of the map, including Maghull station, Great Mogul Hotel, Kensington Farm, Kennessee Green, Maghull Hall,
St George's RC church, Leeds & Liverpool Canal. Coverage extends westward to Old Race Course Farm, Broadwood House, Wood End Farm, Brook House Farm (lower left corner)
and a stretch of the Cheshire Lines Railway with Sefton & Maghull station. On the reverse we include directories of Maghull in 1905 and 1918, plus a section of
James Sherriff's map of the area in 1823.
This map links up with sheet 99.02 Sefton Village to the west.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Liverpool or Sefton maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for the North West, return to the North West page.
The Godfrey Edition / email@example.com / 17 January 2018