This detailed and busy map covers the northern half of Merthyr Tydfil, with coverage stretching from Victoria Street northward to Cyfarthfa Castle and Pont y Cefn. Much of the town centre is included, along with most of Pen-y-Darren, Tydfil's Well and Williamstown.
Features include Cyfarthfa Iron Works, Cyfarthfa Castle, George Town area, Christ Church, Glebeland area, Newfoundland area, Morgan Town area, Pont-Morlais area, Nant-y-Gwenith area, China area, Workhouse, Pen-y-Darren Park, Gwaelod-y-garth House, Pen-y-darren House, Pen-Yard area, old mine workings, St John's church Pen-y-Darren, St David's church, River Taff, Pandy Farm, Glamorganshire Canal, Infirmaries, industrial tramways, Castle Wood etc. On the reverse we include a list of private residents from a 1906 directory.
This map links up with sheet 12.05 Merthyr Tydfil South to the south.