Here are the details of maps for Goole:
We have published two versions of this detailed map, showing how the area changed across the years. The 1890 version is taken from the beautiful hand-coloured 1st Edition OS map. The maps cover the town of Goole, which was a small village until the 1820s but where the Aire & Calder Navigation Company then established a new town. Docks were then built for the transhipment of goods from the Knottingley & Goole Canal to seagoing vessels.
Our maps cover most of the town and features include station, St John's church, North Street, Booth Ferry Road, Clifton Gardens, Shuffleton, Tompits Holmes and the streets and houses in these areas. The docks are the dominant feature, including Railway Dock, Aldam Dock, Ship Dock, Barge Dock, Ouse Dock, The Basin, Bonding Dock, each shown with railway connections, swing bridges, locks, cranes, even mooring posts.