Here are the details of maps for Brighouse
This detailed map covers Brighouse, SE of Halifax, a town which had become a Borough of around 21,000 people by the time of this map. Most of the town is covered on our map, with coverage stretching from Healey Wood northward to Bridge Lane and Woodvale Mill, and from Cromwell Bottom Delph eastward to Clifton Road station. Features include the town centre with Town Hall, St James church, tramway, Mill Royd Mills, Victoria Mill, Borough Market, Calder Bridge, Owler Ings Mill, Anchor Bridge, railway with station, River Calder, Calder & Hebble Navigation (North Cut and Freeman's New Cut), St Martin's church, Lower Newlands, Little Woodhouse, Waring Green, Leopold Wire Works, Calder Dye Works. On the east side of town is the Bailiff Bridge Branch with Clifton Road station, an industrial tramway to the canal basin, George Street Mill, Brighouse Sanatorium. On the west side are Brookfoot, Brookfoot Mill, Brookfoot Dye Works, Valley Dye Works, St Peter's Mission Church, Longroyd Quarries. On the reverse we include extracts from a 1901 directory.
The map links up with sheet 231.16 Clifton.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Halifax and Calderdale area maps; or here for the whole Yorkshire series.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.The Godfrey Edition / email@example.com / 18 March 2014