Here are the details of maps for Leeds (South)
These detailed map cover the same busy area, showing how the area changed across the years. Coverage stretches from Wellington Station eastward to Pontefract Lane and southward to Goodman Street. The old town centre around St Peter's church is included, together with north Hunslet and the Richmond Hill area.
Features on the 1890 version include Wellington station, New Station, River Aire, St Peter's church, Richmond Hill area, Midland Goods Station, Hunslet Engine Works, Airedale Foundry, Potters Field area, Goodman Street Works, Clarence Iron & Steel Works, Hunslet Linen Works, Aire & Calder Navigation, New Dock, Black Dog Mills, disused potteries, tramways, Corn Exchange, Boar Lane, Knowsthorpe New Hall and much more. Street directory entries for Boar Lane, Hunslet Lane and Jack Lane are included on the reverse.
The South Leeds 1906 map covers the same area at a later stage, showing how the area developed across the years. Note that we will change the title of the 1906 map to Leeds (SE) when it is next reprinted.
The map links up with Sheets 218.02 Central Leeds to the north, 218.05 Holbeck to the west, 218.07 Osmondthorpe to the east and 218.10 Hunslet to the south.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Bradford or Leeds area maps; or here for the whole Yorkshire series.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / email@example.com / 16 Sept 2011