Here are the details of maps for Middlesbrough:
We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years. Each covers the same area, from Wilson Street southward to Albert Park, and from Newport Iron Works eastward to North Ormesby Street. The 1892 version is fully coloured, taken from the beautiful hand-coloured 1st Edition.
Features on the 1892 version includeTown Hall and Municipal Buildings, tramways, Infirmary, Post Office, the town centre with individual buildings neatly shown, Newport Rolling Mills, Newport Iron Works, Ayresome Ward, part of Albert Park, engine sheds, Middlesbrough Football Ground, Nazareth House orphanage etc. On the reverse we include a selection of street directory entries from a 1905 directory, incl Corporation Road, Grange Road West and Linthorpe Road.
The 1913 version covers the same area at a later stage.
The map links up with Yorkshire Sheet 6.10 North Middlesbrough to the north.
And here is an index map showing the areas covered.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. Follow this link for a complete list of our Teesside maps; or here for the whole Yorkshire series.Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / email@example.com / 20 Sept 2016