Here are the details of maps for Trowbridge:
We have published two versions of this map, showing how the town changed acros the years. The 1886 version is in full colour, taken from the beautiful 1st Edition handcoloured map.
This detailed map shows the town of Trowbridge including Longfield and Lower Studley. The left hand side of the map shows a large area of farmland, interrupted by Trowle Manor Court Farm, Talbot Farm and Cockhill Farm. The contrasting right hand side of the map displays Trowbridge and the Great Western Railway track that cuts through it. St Thomas's Church, St James's Church, St Stephen's Church, St John's RC Church, the Holy Trinity Chapel and two Methodist Chapels are illustrated on the sheet. Other places of interest are also marked on the maps such as the Royal Artillery Barracks, Usher's Brewery, Bellefield House, and its various mills and iron works.
The 1899 map is double-sided and includes part of adjacent sheet 38.08 on the reverse; this continues coverage eastward to include Ashton Mills and Hilperton Road.