Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Wiltshire

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Chippenham:

  • Wiltshire Sheet 20.14 Chippenham 1899 - published 1998; intro by Alan Godfrey. ISBN.978-0-85054-959-1

    This detailed map covers the centre and northern part of Chippenham, with coverage stretching from the Market Place northward to Hardenhuish House, and from The Folly eastward to Cocklebury Farm.

    Features include St Andrew's church, The Ivy, Lowden Hill, High Street area, Monkton House, Condensed Milk Factory, railway with station, engine shed, Railway Signal Works, Bacon Factory, Landsend area, Langley Burrell Within parish, St Paul's church, The Hamlet area, Cocklebury Farm, Pew Hill, Woodlands area, Lowden Farm, Greenway Lane Farm, Hardenhuish House and Park, St Nicholas church etc. On the reverse we include a list of private residents and commercial entries from a contemporary directory.

    The map links up with Wiltshire sheet 26.02 Chippenham South to the south.


  • Follow this link for a complete list of our Wiltshire Series or Swindon maps; or here for all maps in South West England.
  • You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
  • Most maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.
    The Godfrey Edition / sales@alangodfreymaps.co.uk / 2 October 2016