Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Buckinghamshire
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Stony Stratford:
Buckinghamshire Sheet 9.10 Stony Stratford & Old Wolverton 1898 - published 1997; intro by Alan Godfrey. ISBN.978-0-85054-871-6
This detailed map is split between two counties, Northamptonshire and Buckinghamshire. On the west side of the River Ouse is Old Stratford, historically part
of Northants; this is here a small gathering of buildings, including the Swan Inn and Furtho House, on Watling Street; a major feature is the Buckingham Branch of
the Grand Junction Canal. On the east of the river is the much larger Stony Stratford, which developed as a major town on Watling Street, later the A5. Features include
St Paul's College, Market Square, High Street, Corn Mill, Ousebank, St Giles' church, St Mary's church, Watling Works, Calverton End (in SE corner of map). There is also
the tramway depot of the steam trams to Wolverton.
The map links up with sheet 9.11 Old Wolverton to the east.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Buckinghamshire or Milton Keynes maps.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Most maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for the Buckinghamshire region, return to the Thames & Chilterns page
The Godfrey Edition / email@example.com / 16 April 2022