Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Staffordshire

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Cannock (South):

  • Staffordshire Sheet 51.13 Cannock (South) 1902 - published 1996; intro by Charles H Goodwin. ISBN.978-0-85054-820-4

    This detailed map of south Cannock is double-sided for maximum coverage.

    The main map, sheet 51.13, covers the southern part of the town, with coverage extending southward to Bridgtown. Features include LNWR Cannock Branch with Cannock station, Leacroft Buildings, schools, Cannock Union Workhouse, Hallcourt Villas, stretch of Watling Street, Churchbridge Branch Canal, Longford House, Wedge's Mill, Longhouse Brick Works, District Edge Tool Works, Cannock Edge Tool Works, Walk Mill Tileries, St Paul's church Bridgtown.

    On the reverse we include a large section of adjacent map 51.14 which extends coverage eastward about half a mile. Features here include Cannock Extension Canal, Churchbridge Locks, Cannock & Leacroft Colliery, Rumer Hill, Mill GFreen, Leacroft Wharf.

    The map links up with Staffordshire sheet 51.10 Cannock North to the north.


    For a full list of maps of Staffordshire county, please go to the Staffordshire page.

    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.

    Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / godfreyedition@btinternet.com / 3 March 2011