Here are details of our map for Griffithstown:
This detailed map covers the southern part of Griffithstown, near Pontypool, and the map is split between Panteg and Llanfrechfa Upper parishes. Coverage stretches from Mary Street, Griffithstown, southward a mile. Pontrhydrun station is just off the map at the south. The main feature is the complex of steelworks, including Panteg Steel Works, Panteg Sheet & Galvanizing Works and Panteg Foundry, including their railway lines and stretches of the GWR Hereford & Newport and Monmouthshire Eastern Valleys Line either side. Other features include station, Sebastopol, Panteg House, Cwrdy Farm, St Oswald's Mission Church, Monmouthshire & Brecon Canal, Panteg Junction, Penyrheol. On the reverse we include directories of Griffithstown and Sebastopol in 1905.
The map links up with sheet 23.07 Pontypool South to the north.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Monmouthshire Series maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for Wales, return to the Wales page.The Godfrey Edition / firstname.lastname@example.org / 22 Feb 2011