Here are the details of maps for Enfield Lock:
"Enfield Lock and the grassy wastes of Rammey Marsh lie at the furthest extremity of Greater London, enclosed by that least poetic of city walls, the M25, which runs just within the northern border of this map". So begins the introduction to this map. The map, which is on the outskirts of Enfield itself, is dominated by 2 features: the Enfield Lock works of the Royal Small Arms Factory, in the SW corner, with Government Row, Ordnance Road; this is the great gun factory established between 1816 and 1818, famous for the Lee Enfield and other rifles. The works closed in 1988, though some buildings have been preserved. This map shows a self-contained community, with chapel, school and the Greyhound pub. North of this on the map, and linked by the River Lea Navigation, is the Gunpowder Factory at Quinton Hill, where a network of tramways is shown lining the many ammunition bunkers. A list of private residents is given from an 1890 directory, while on the back we include an extract from the 1873 map.
The map links up with sheet 2.16 Enfield Wash to the west.