Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Essex

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Maldon:

  • Essex Sheet 55.16 Maldon (West) 1920 - published 2006; intro by Harry Carmichael. ISBN.978-1-84151-936-7
  • Essex Sheet 56.13 Maldon (East) 1920 - published 2006; intro by Harry Carmichael. ISBN.978-1-84151-937-5

    We have published two maps for Maldon; these l;ink up with each other and provide good coverage of the town.

  • The Maldon West map covers the area from the Town Hall and Market Place westward to Little Beeleigh Farm. Features on the map include Maldon Hall, Maldon West station, Institution (old workhouse), London Road, Spital Road, Fambridge Road, Gate Street, Silver Street, Coach Lane, All Saints church, Spital Farm. The first part of a 1922 trade directory, A-O, is included on the reverse.
  • The Maldon East map covers the eastern part of the town, with coverage stretching from Market Hill and High Street eastward to Heybridge Basin. Features include Maldon East station, River Chelmer, ironworks, Mill Road, Wantz Road, Cross Road, Fullbridge, saltings. Part of Heybridge is included with Heybridge Hall at the top of the map; features here include part of the Chelmer & Blackwater Canal, Heybridge Basin. On the reverse we include the second part of the 1922 trade directory, P-Z, plus the Private Residents entry.

    Follow this link for a list of our maps for Essex or here for a general list for East Anglia.

    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.

    Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / godfreyedition@btinternet.com / 16 August 2011