Here are the details of maps for Leytonstone:
We have published two versions of this detailed map, showing how the area developed across the years.
The map covers an area stretching from Manor Road and Lea Hall Road eastward to Poppleton Road and St John the Baptist's church; from Grove Road southward to Grove Green Road. It covers much of Leytonstone and also part of north Leyton. Features on the 1915 map include a stretch of the MR Tottenham & Forest Gate railway, incl Leyton station; Leyton cricket ground, tramways, Kinematagraph studio, Knotts Green, West Ham Union Infirmary, a short stretch of the GER Epping line incl Leytonstone station, Forest House and the fringe of Epping Forest. Churches include St John the Baptist's High Road, St Catherine's, St Stephen's Grove Road etc. Streets include Hainault Road, Hoe Street, High Road, Peterborough Road and many more.
The 1893 version shows the area with development about two thirds complete. More dominant here are the large houses, such as Knotts Green House, Leyton House and Wallwood House. We include a selection of street directory entries on the reverse of both maps.
The map links up with Sheets 15 Walthamstow East to the north, 22 Walthamstow Marshes to the west, 24 Wanstead to the east, 32 Leyton to the south.