Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Lanarkshire
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Lanark:
Lanarkshire Sheet 25.15 Lanark 1896 - published 2007; intro by Gilbert Bell. ISBN.978-1-84151-974-6
This detailed map covers the town of Lanark. Most of the town centre is covered, and coverage stretches south to
Bankhead, west to Steele's Cross, north to Gallow Hill. On the east side are the various railway junctions - Douglas Junctions East and South and Smyllum Junction -
together with Smyllum Park orphanage. Other features include station, Kingson's Knowe, ruined St Kentigern's church,
Auction Mart, St Mary's RC church, Poor House, Fever Hospital, High Street, brewery, Castle Hill, Braxfield, Castlebank, Lockhart Hospital, Town Hall, church, Manse and much more. We
include extracts from a 1920s trade directory on the reverse.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Glasgow or Lanarkshire maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for Scotland, return to the Scotland page.
The Godfrey Edition / email@example.com / 11 November 2016