Here are the details of maps for central Blackburn:
We have published three versions of this map, for 1892, 1910 and 1929, showing how the area developed across the years. The 1892 version is in colour, taken from the beautiful 1st Edition handcoloured OS map.
These very detailed and busy maps cover the area from Wimberley Street and Brockkhouse southward to Lower Audley Steet and Pringle Street, and from Bradshaw Street and New Park Street eastward to Hole House. They cover the town centre and the many features include the railway station, Daisyfield station, Leeds & Liverpool Canal, Town Hall, Market Place, Cathedral, Audley Mill, Walpole Street Mill, Cicely Bridge Mill, Higher Mill, Parkside Mill, Newton Street Mill, Springfield Mills, Prospect Mill, Furthergate Mill, many other mills, tramways, Higher Audley, St Peter's Ward, St Mary's Ward, St John's Ward, St Matthew's Ward, Trinity Ward, Green Bank, Canal Engineering Works. By the time of the 1929 map some of the mills were disused, an ominous sign that Blackburn's great age of prosperity as a great mill town was over.
We include a selection of street directory entries on the reverse of each map.
The map links up with Lancashire Sheets 62.12 Blackburn North to the north and 62.15 Blackburn West to the west
Follow this link for a complete list of our East Lancashire maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for the North West, return to the North West page.The Godfrey Edition / email@example.com / 9 September 2013