Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Hertfordshire
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for St Albans SW:
Hertfordshire Sheet 34.11 St Albans (SW) 1897 - published 1989; intro by Pamela Taylor. ISBN.978-0-85054-238-7
This detailed map covers the SW area of St Albans, including part of the city centre. Coverage runs from the Town Hall southward to St Stephens and westward to Praewood Farm.
Features include the Cathedral, site of Abbey, Town Hall, Roman Wall and Ditch, Verulam Hills, The Causeway, High Street, Chequer Street, Holywell Hill, Market Place, town centre with individual buildings neatly shown,
LNWR St Albans Branch with terminus, Abbey Mill, Verulamhills Farm, St Stephens Farm, St Stephens church, malthouses, Gas Works, Westminster Lodge, King Harry pub etc. On the reverse we include a list of private residents from an 1899 directory.
This map links up with sheets 34.07 St Albans NW to the north and 34.12 St Albans SE to the east.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Hertfordshire Series maps or go to the Chilterns page for other counties in the region.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.
The Godfrey Edition / email@example.com / 28 January 2018