We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years.
The maps cover much of the town of Barry, which sprang up rapidly after 1884 as a mighty coal exporting port. Coverage stretches from Pontypridd Road and Salisbury Road eastward to Morel Street and George Street, and from North Walk southward to the No.1 Dock. The northern part of the No.1 Dock is shown, with detail including a dozen of the coal hoists, with railway sidings, the detail even including mooring posts. Other features on the map include GWR General Offices, locomotive repairing works, Jenner Park football ground, municipal buildings, Memorial Hall, Glamorgan Training College, Alexandra Gardens, St Paul's church and many streets of housing. Each map includes extracts from a 1906 directory.
The map links up with sheet 50.08 Barry Island to the south.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Glamorgan maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for Wales, return to the Wales page.The Godfrey Edition / email@example.com / 16 Jan 2013