Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Glamorgan

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Canton:

  • Glamorgan Sheet 43.14 Cardiff (Canton & Riverside) 1940 - published 2008; intro by Alan Godfrey. ISBN.978-1-84784-117-9

    This very detailed map covers the Canton area and part of the Riverside area of Cardiff. Coverage stretches from Cathedral Road and Neville Street westward to Victoria Park, and southward to Virgil Street. Features include Canton railway depot with engine shed, carriage sheds, turntable, sidings etc; Ninian Park football ground, St John's church, tramways, City Isolation Hospital, Canton Brick Works, Ely River, St Luke's church, malthouse, slaughter-house, cinemas, City Lodge, Leckwith Road and many streets of terraced housing, with individual houses neatly delineated. On the reverse we include extracts from a 1906 street directory, incl for Alexander Road, Atlas Road, Cowbridge Road, Beda Road, Craddock Street, Leckwith Road. Crwys Road, Diana Street, Donald Street, St Andrew's Crescent, Wyeverne Street.

    The map links up with sheet 43.10 Llandaff to the north and 43.15 Central Cardiff to the east.


    Follow this link for a complete list of our Glamorgan maps.

    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for Wales, return to the Wales page.

    The Godfrey Edition / godfreyedition@btinternet.com / 8 Dec 2011