Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Essex

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for East Ham & Barking (S):

  • Essex (New Series) 86.07 East Ham & Barking (South) 1915 - published 2007; intro by Tony Clifford & Alan Godfrey. ISBN.978-1-84784-081-3

    This detailed map fills an important gap in the series, linking the London and Essex groups. Coverage stretches from Ladysmith Avenue eastward to St Mary's Road Barking, and from Caledon Road southward to Norman Road. Features include the municipal centre of East Ham, with Town Hall, Central Hall, tram depot, Baths and Technical College; to the east is part of Barking town centre, including the Abbey ruins and St Margaret's church. Other features include tramways, incl that over Barking Creek; River Roding, sewage works, Jews Cemetery, Central Park, St Bartholomew's church, Wallend, Barking Road Recreation Ground, and the swathe of new streets developed either side of East Ham High Street South. On the reverse are the private resident lists for East Ham and Barking from a 1922 directory.

    An index map showing the areas covered by this and adjacent maps is available here

    The map links up with London Sheets 44 East Ham & Barking to the north, 54 Plaistow to the west and Beckton to the south.


    Follow this link for a list of our maps for Essex in outer London or here for Essex county.

    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.

    Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / godfreyedition@btinternet.com / 16 August 2011