Old Ordnance Survey Maps of County Cavan


  • These highly detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction. They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Cavan Town:

  • Co Cavan Sheet 20.15 Cavan Town 1909 - published 2000; intro by Alan Godfrey. ISBN.978-1-84151-217-4

    This detailed map of Cavan is double-sided for maximum coverage.

    Sheet 20.15 covers the western part of the town, with coverage stretching from the Gaol and Farnham Place eastward to Drumconnick Post Office. Features on this map include railway with station, engine shed, Swellan Fort, Swellan Upper and Lower, Swellan Lough, Drumgoon Fort, Drumavanagh area, Drumconnick area, Edermin area, Drumbar House, Edermin House.

    On the reverse we include part of adjacent sheet 20.16, extending coverage eastward, and this includes Cavan town centre. Features here include Main Street and Church Street with all buildings neatly delineated, Townparks area, Kinnypottle area, Aghnaskerry, RC Cathedral, churches, Fair Green, Town Hall, Egg Market, Market Yard, Killynebber Cottage.


    Follow this link for a complete list of our Co Cavan maps.

    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for Ireland, return to the Ireland page.

    The Godfrey Edition / godfreyedition@btinternet.com / 16 May 2011