Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Anglesey

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Holyhead:

  • Anglesey sheet 11.02 Holyhead 1923 - published 2001; intro by Alan Godfrey. ISBN.978-1-84151-280-8

    This detailed and busy map is double-sided for maximum coverage. The main map covers most of Holyhead town, with coverage stretching from Beach Road southward to London Road and the cemetery, and from the Old Harbour westward to Llain-goch. Features include town centre with individual buildings neatly shown, Inner Harbour with landing stages etc, Graving Dock, station, engine shed, many sidings, carriage sheds, Black Bridge area, cemeteries, St Mary's RC Chapel, Old Harbour Pier, Turkey Shore Quay, Stryd area, St Seiriol's church, St Cybi's church, chapels, Cybi School, Marine Square, Marine Yard, Porth-y-felin, Llain-fain, Llain-goch, Pont Hwfa, County School, etc.

    On the reverse we include part of adjacent sheet 11.03 extending coverage eastward to include Mail Pier, South Pier, Penrhos Beach, Nimrod Rocks.


    Follow this link for a complete list of our Anglesey maps.

    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for Wales, return to the Wales page.

    The Godfrey Edition / godfreyedition@btinternet.com / 30 July 2010