This detailed map covers the 'old town' of Amersham, shortly before the great changes brought by the Metropolitan Railway. The station, opened in 1892, is in the NE corner, some distance from the town which is centred on the High Street. Features here include St Mary's church, Workhouse, Town Hall, malthouse, Crown Farm, Bury Farm, River Misbourne, brewery, cemetery, Whielden Street. To the east is Bury End, with Bury Mill, but otherwise Amersham appears as a small country town. A 1903 directory of Amersham is on the reverse.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Buckinghamshire Series maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Most maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for the Buckinghamshire region, return to the Thames & Chilterns pageThe Godfrey Edition / firstname.lastname@example.org / 5 October 2016